[NTLK] NewtPodcast for 04-15-05 Now Available

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 13:32:49 PDT

Finally...hey, one note Newtonites, I put an additional MP3 up on Green
Light Go (http://messagepad.blogspot.com). You'll see its title as "**
TEST...newtPodcast..." For this one I used a different set of tools to
create the podcast which allowed me full control over the name and
other ID3 info in the MP3 file, and it's hosted on my .Mac site.
Someone please tell me if this works or not. It doesn't seem to be that
straightforward a task to download files via HTTP link from your .Mac
site - I copied and modified a URL from my other public site downloads,
so please let me know if it works for you. If so, this will allow me
much more editorial freedom for the podcasts, so that when you download
them to your iPod or other MP3 player, the title, album, artist, all
that stuff will be filled in logically.

In case that doesn't work, I've also gone the normal route with the
podcast, and that one is also available at the site, or through the
feed. For those who wish to know, I used Audio Hijack Pro and Wire Tap
Pro on the Mac to create my own MP3 (up to this point, I've been
podcasting by talking into a phone, then Feedburner and Blogger do the
rest to put it on the Green Light Go site.

Green Light Go: http://messagepad.blogspot.com/
Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/newtpodcast

Thanks,
Dave