Re: [NTLK] Control iTunes with your Newton

From: David Neale (david.neale_at_pandora.be)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 10:54:32 PDT

Well, I tried this and couldn't get it to work.

BrowserTunes running on an iMac under MacOS X( 10.3.9); using Newtscape
on a MessagePad 2100.

Web sharing set on the iMac and the URL http://yourmac:8080 (with
"yourmac replaced by the relevant code from Sytem Preferences ->Sharing
on the iMac) entered into Newtscape.

Tapped the caped newt, got the hand, then back to the caped newt, with
no screen display. (Newtscape works fine for ither URLs.)

It's me, I know, but what am I doing wrong?

David

On 23 Apr, 2005, at 08:29, Craig Smith wrote:

> This is the bomb! It worked like a charm the very first time with my
> 2100, Nethopper and Wavlan Silver Turbo WiFi card. Thanks for passing
> this along.
>
> Craig Smith
> www.lawschoolhelp.com
>
>> From: Eric <ntlk_at_axelny.com>
>> Subject: [NTLK] Control iTunes with your Newton
>> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:04:00 -0400
>
>> Several people have asked me how to control iTunes via their Newton.
>> Ihave found an answer.
>
>> I just came across a program called browserTunes
>> (http://homepage.mac.com/markburgess3/browserTunes/index.htm).
>> This program is a small Web server that lets any computer or device
>> with a web browser remotely control iTunes.
>> I have tried it with Newtscape on my 2100 and it seems to work
>> correctly.
>> It has various output options, including standard HTML (with or
>> without
>> album art) and a simplified "PDA" style.
>> The screen for the standard output, without album art, fits perfectly
>> on a 2100 in portrait mode.
>> I tried it with a wired Ethernet connection, but it should also work
>> OK
>> with the wireless drivers.
>
>> Eric
>
>> Standard disclaimer: I have no association with browserTunes.
> --
> inquiries
> http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Please don't send HTML email! See