Re: [NTLK] Newt on HGH

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 19:58:36 PDT

>>http://www.pepper.com/
>

> Holy crap, this is my hardware wet dream!
*SNIP*
> Seriously though, I was thinking of buying a thin laptop for couch-surfing but
> gosh, I hope this isn't vapourware...

It is nice, but personally I would rather spend the over $800 on a real
laptop that has a full keyboard handy and wouldn't weigh much more and
have a bigger screen besides (not to mention larger HD, memory, and more
capabilities). Again it is nice, but I tend to think it is a bit
pricey when you can't load regular software on it (by the looks anyway).
  And has other limitations.

I do wonder how long the battery lasts though. They don't mention that.
  Since it has a HD, I suspect it won't last past say 4 or 5 hours, if
that. Especially if you do much wireless surfing.

-Dan