[NTLK] PowerBook 5300 and NIRDA Installer

From: Charlie Ranlett (enigmaticmunkie_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 16:39:17 PDT

I just got my MessagePad 2000 (awesome) and copied
Newton IrDA Installer to my PowerBook running 7.5.3.
Good thing: it opens up! Bad thing: when I go to
"Install", the app says IrDA Tool not found. Is this
due to the crappy installation of OpenTransport on
that machine, or a problem with the app? I haven't
tried DILTester yet, as I need to segment it or get
StuffIt Lite onto this machine so I can make an
archive the old PowerBook will recognize.
After I do get that working, what are some essentials
or general good/fun to have things? I've already
downloaded the NIE and Lantern patches, as well as the
two WiFi drivers (The original and the More WiFi thing)