Re: [NTLK] A few questions...

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 20:25:03 PDT

Hi Bryan
Welcome.

1. See
<http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersoftwarelist.html#newton>
for Apple's old software for the Newt and if you scroll up you will
find a number of Mac drivers.
My eMate has a driver for the Personal Laserwriter 300 and it seems
to be built in.

2. Since your 6320 has a serial port and can run NCU and other
Newton connection software, it would be a simple choice for
connecting with either of your Newts. If it is networked with your
eMac then you can transfer files to it for the newt (some problems
with 10.4 but can be worked around).

3. The 3Com Megahertz 589 series seems to work well for me. Only
your eMate can use an ethernet card.

4. I have had luck with the Lucient Turbo Bronze(no WEP) and The
Lucient Turbo Silver (with WEP) though there are others.
see
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/WiFi>

Be sure to spend some time looking at the wikiwikinewt link at the
bottom of all newton talk posts.

Woody