[NTLK] A few questions...

From: Bryan Law (pakkman781_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 19:00:33 PDT

I bought an eMate and Message Pad 120 2.0 off of ebay last week, and
am still getting to know the interface of them. Please forgive if
these are stupid/already answered questions. XD

1. After I received the Newtons, I went to our local Re-Store(you can
buy dontated stuff there for super cheap) and bought an Apple
Personal Laserwriter for $1. I hooked it up and it came on fine, but
I could not get the Newton to work with it for anything. I couldn't
even get our old Performa 6320CD to work with it. Anybody know where
I can get some drivers, or a workaround? My old Stylewriter 1200
works wonderfully with the Newtons, but I prefer Laser printers.

2. I want to be able to install packages via my eMac onto the
Newtons, but I don't have a working Serial-USB Adapter. I do have one
that was with my Palm IIIc, but I haven't been able to get that to
work at all, although I didn't have terribly high hopes anyway. Is
there a way to get the Palm adapter to work? If not, what is the best
Serial-USB adapter to get?

3. What's the best ethernet PCMCIA card to get?

4. What's the best wifi PCMCIA card to get? I'm considering getting
one of the ones in the remaining stock from Macs-r-us, if they still
have any...

Other than a few little issues, I really like the Newtons. IMO, they
are still vastly superior to both Palm and Pocket PC. I expect no
less from Apple :D Also, Great mailing list guys!

Thanks,
Bryan