[NTLK] Newtontalk strangeness

From: bill bennett (williamfrancisbennett_at_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 17:38:01 PDT

I like to read Newtontalk when I'm at work. But to
avoid clogging up my email inbox with messages that
aren't directly related to my job, I read the messages
on Yahoo! mail.

It works fine most of the time, but some messages
appear garbled. Others have odd character strings in
them (for example =20 ). Others have lots of HTML.

I "think" (but can't remember for sure) this is
because they come from Macintoshes with non-US
character settings. Or could they be coming from
Newts?

Either way, this isn't a problem with other mailing
lists I subscribe to. So why is it an issue here?

Bill Bennett

I'm between Internet accounts
For the moment use this email: williamfrancisbennett_at_yahoo.com.au