[NTLK] TCP/IP problem

From: Timothy Larkin (tsl1_at_cornell.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 05:08:14 PDT

I'm at an in-pass trying to activate TCP/IP.

I have a 2100, with a wireless card. AppleTalk works since I can make
a connection to NCP. The problem is specifically with TCP/IP.

I have loaded

Newton Internet 2.0
Newton Devices 1.0
Noguchi wireless package 1.08a
Lantern patch 1.0
More Wi-Fi cards v5
NIE Ethernet 2.0
Internet Setup 2.0, which reports installed components are Ethernet
and DHCP

The Home worksite contains an Internet setup and the wireless setup.
When the wireless card is loaded, I have AppleTalk turned off (when
I'm trying to use TCP/IP).

Do I need NIE Ethernet?

When I try to make a connection with Mail V, I receive an error that
says, "No protocol driver for this link is available. Can't establish
a link." NetTest says that "GrabLink failed. Internet Error -60508".
In either case, none of the lights blink on the wireless card, which
suggests that the failure is occurring in the Newton system itself.

So what's wrong with this picture?

Tim Larkin