Re: [NTLK] Reflecting on the first few weeks USING my Newt 2000

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 08:09:50 PDT

Marco Mailand wrote:
> 2005/7/30, Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>:
>
>>>And its size? 'Hi Jon I see you've brought the brick into work today' is=
>
> a regular comment!=20
> In the office I upgraded my PEECEE with a second graphics card and
> have now twice 1600x1200 Pixels on two 19" screens. The more screen
> space, respectively pixels the more work one gets done. Of course this
> is true for screen workers only which spend daily several hours for
> digital work.
oh nononono when you are doing research it's handy to have 3 screens
with 2048x1536 so you can look at your material while you write and
such. I usually have 20-50 windows open (I never shut them down)
unfortunatly the w2k is NOT nearly as stable as my old OS/2 bow whith a
heavy graphis load. and nothing beats the newt(tho the power book is the
closest) for nearly full capability while mobile.

I have used my newt for about a yesr without any, yes any pc at all
while working remotely so I know that a newt and a cell phone will
provide all of the tools required to perform as an analyst.

benn a newt user since about 97/98??i forget (my first was a gently used
100 that I bought when someone upgraded to a 130)

I think that long term you will be very happy with your newt. just
remember what it's function is and don't be dissatisfied when you can't
use it as a replacement for all of the electronics in your life. neither
the newt nor an ipod will replace my 3 hafler amps, 2 recievers,
turntable, dvd player and voice of the theater speakers ;-) and i
wouldn't try waqtching tv on a screen that small anyway.

enjoy