Re: [NTLK] Mac Network card

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 11:04:53 PDT

On Aug 13, 2005, at 10:49 AM, Mr. David M. Ensteness wrote:
<snip>
> With PowerMac 7/8/9600s selling for around $25-75 and Beige G3s
> selling for $30-80 in various conditions there really is little
> market for anything made before the iMac. Even PowerBook prices which
> normally hang high forever have finally dropped off. Wallstreet G3s
> are fetching $100, Lombards around $300 on the highend, Pismos still
> $300-500 in some cases. Any PowerBook without a native G3 and *some*
> OS X support are basically just special interest at this point.

In a way it's good news! It means for a short amount of money, you can
upgrade your sons mac to a newer, much better system... The powermac
G3 blue and white is what I recommend as it's fairly cheap now (about
$100), and has pretty much all you need to run up to date software.
Including built in ethernet!

If you insist on wanting an ethernet adapter for your 6200, I do have
one, contact me OFF LIST.

Marty