Re: [NTLK] Implant 2000 Accelerator

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 15 2005 - 11:45:09 PDT

Hi Jon,

I'm not aware of who else on list who has looked into this or have had
this installed but I believe if you do a search there was at least one
person recently who mentioned they had this installed.

I originally looked into it when they were first offered but the price
was just too high. I recently contact the vendor and they were kind
enough to send me the link to the instructions (black and white) but I
regret to say that I'm not sure yet which email account has that link.

From memory it required several soldering points (two of which are to
the original crystal contacts and then around another four additional
very thin wires are soldered to other location on the Newton).

Be aware that their insturctions did mention something about not
honoring their warranty on the product if you had someone else do the
installation other than themselves... however if you provided
documentation of the qualifications of the installed and it met their
standards they would honor the warranty...

I think that from my review of the instructions it should not be too
difficult to install it. However unless the price dropped I wouldn't
waste the time since I'm already doing the hardware hack speed boost
installation as others on list have done - and it seems to be stable
with no ill effects as long as you try not to switch speeds while in
an app.

Sonny

On 8/15/05, Jon Scordia <jscordia_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Hi list, I spotted this (still available) accellerator of the Newt 2000.
>=20
> http://shop.pixsolution.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3D24&products
id=3D29
>=20
> Does anyone have any experience of fitting and or using one of these?
>=20
> Does anyone know anyone in the UK who would fit one? I'm not confident wi=
th
> a soldering iron!
>=20
> Thanks!