Re: [NTLK] Upgrading Lucent Turbo Bronze card

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 12:18:46 PDT

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:28:36, "Starnes, Douglas"
<Douglas.Starnes_at_bcbsfl.com> wrote:
> Can you lay out the steps here for us?
>
> I get that I need to run Alchemy. I have a Bronze Turbo and am
> willing to try this, but the steps I see all require some steps to
> be run on a PC (which I do not have, especially a laptop).
>
> What should the steps be, in detail, and can this be done on purely
> Mac platforms - or even better, via my MP?

I have finished my website on how to upgrade a Lucent WaveLAN Silver
Turbo to Gold Turbo card.

I have researched and found out that there were two different
versions of the Bronze card made. A Bronze (2 Mbps) and a Bronze
Turbo (11 Mbps).

I have read that people have successfully upgraded a Bronze 2 Mbps
card to support 128bit WEP, but I just haven't verified if a Bronze
Turbo can be updated to 128bit and still have 11 Mbps. I see no
reason to believe that there would be any problems upgrading a Bronze
Turbo though.

Try this out and report back to us. It it works I'll update my
website to include the info!