Re: [NTLK] Outcome of Old iBook Sale...

From: Apostolos Koutropoulos (der_admiral_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 05:49:14 PDT

What really surprises me is that there were hotlines open for several hours
after the sale ended so that people could learn how to operate their macs
(this from the video feed of the VA station that ran the story). If you
don't know how to operate a mac - why would you wait in line, get trampled
on, get aggravated in order to get an old mac that you don't know how to
use?

On 17/8/05 08:40, "John Hay" <oceancity_at_mac.com> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2005, at 7:02 AM, LwBrown_at_Mail.com wrote:
> <----snipped----> Virginia (AP) -- A rush to purchase $50 used
> laptops
>
> Eeek-god! Wow.
>
> <----snipped----> . . . . "the 4-year-old Apple iBooks" . . . .
> "-- and laptop computers that probably have less-than- desirable
> attributes," said Paul Proto, director of general services for
> Henrico County.
>
> "Less-than-desirable attributes" ? Say What!?
>
> Is this guy referring to "Apple" computers in general, or [hopefully]
> just the fact that they are not brand new machines?
>
> . . . . or maybe to the pee-Lady who . . . . "she urinated on
> herself." <G>
>
> Later,
>
> John
> www.JohnHay.com