Re: [NTLK] New York City Digital Assistant Users' Group

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 06:29:22 PDT

Hi Dan and John,

My two cents are that they are now a PDA Group focused on Palm and
Pocket PC primarily. There are still the old time Newton Users but
many or most if not all have moved onto other platforms but if you
sometimes get in contact with one of the old users as I have and they
are as always Newtonians to the core...

On 8/17/05, John Hay <OceanCity_at_mac.com> wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2005, at 12:13 AM, Daniel Jagendorf wrote:
> > We had a run-in with somebody connected to them a few years ago when
> > we had a get together and drink night.
> > They didn't have a newton night. When I searched their archives at
> > the time the last newton listing was on how to get your info out of
> > the newt and into a palm.
> > Dan Jagendorf
>=20
> Hi Dan,
>=20
> Fascinating!
>=20
> But I can't tell from your post if your were the drinker or the =20
> drinkee <g> but sounds like you are a disenfranchised former user =20
> group member, right?
>=20
> So I take it therefore that the New York Newton Users Group has gone =20
> the way of PDA de regar ? [...of the day]
>=20
> What a shame. This was a great user group and it was even held and =20
> supported by Apple in the CitiCorp building.
>=20
> Alas, a small battle lost, but the war shall go on ;-)
>=20
> John=20
> --=20
> This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all inquirie=