Re: [NTLK] OS X for Intel Cracked, Successfully Running on PC Hardware

From: Sushi (sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 23:10:45 PDT

Granted that PARC was an idea base for the Mac GUI.

However, you might want to take a look at the GUI interface that the
PARC systems had.

Then look at what Apple came up with -- the original Mac OS.

Then you will see that Apple did in fact come up with their own unique
one button mouse interface. It is considerably different that the one
that the folks at PARC developed. Also, PARC did not have plug and
play like the Mac OS.

This is much unlike what MSFT did when they designed Windows. They
received Mac Prototypes from Apple to develop their software like
Excel. So MSFT had total access to the system APIs. Which, not
surprisingly, many if not most, MSFT Windows APIs were identical.

Sushi