Re: [NTLK] Order of Icons

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 14:54:24 PDT

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 02:57:01PM -0400, Matt Howe wrote:
> Anyone know how the Newton decides their order? Does anyone know how to
> change that order? I pondered trying to drag them around into an order I
> like but I notice that they don't seem to stay in any particular order. So
> manually sorting them would not hold, plus the problem of dragging them to a
> different page.

They stay in the order you put them. Use folders to manage them into a
managable page size then drag the icons into the order you like. (They
display as though they're one long wrapped line of icon "words".)

To drag an icon without opening the associated item, tap and hold on the
icon until you get the squeak, then tap-drag to between the icon
position desired and the prior icon.

--
60. My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher any code I
    am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30 seconds, it will