Re: [NTLK] Keyboard trick

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 20:10:50 PDT

John Charlton wrote:
> And one last observation. All of the (Apple) keyboards have a bug
> where they don't do accenting properly with the capslock key down!
<snip>
If it's that way on purpose, no matter if it makes sense or not, then
it's not a bug. oh and after a while even if it is a bug then it becomes
  'natural' and to fix it would actually break it. did that make sense?

on an old version of AIX there was an issue with, oh I can't recall the
proggy right now (sed or awk I think), there was a problem with the
manner in which it handled one of the switches. well when IBM finally
acknowledged the problem and went to fix it, it was to late. everyone
had written their scripts to work with the 'wrong' anti unix manner and
to fix it would have broken many things. so IBM gave you the option of
leaving it the way it was or to use the 'fixed' (re: originally correct,
though not implemented) option setting. (did that make sense?)

bill