Re: [NTLK] eMate communication with Pismo on Tiger

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 15:39:06 PDT

I think that the most cost effective and convenient approach is to
connect old technology to old technology.
Go to your district Materials center and see if you can get one of
the G3 all in ones. These had ethernet, pc slots and serial
connection and will run OS 9.2. While there pick up any Personal
laser writer 300s that they have and HP Deskwriters or Stylewriter I
or IIs.
Install NCU and or The eMate Classroom Exchange.
see <http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersoftwarelist.html#newton>
The G3 can move files to the emates, import Newtworks files from the
eMates and move files to the Pismo running Tiger.
Woody