[NTLK] VoiceNotes again

From: Giulio Marchi (emfdb_at_tiscali.it)
Date: Tue Dec 06 2005 - 15:55:42 PST

Sorry if I go back to VoiceNotes, already discussed at least the past
month, but apparently there is something I am missing.

For curiosity I wanted to test the application so I tested also the
method to "duplicate an existing note" in order to keep the application
alive, as apparently the developer can not be contacted.

I tried three different packages from UNNA and also the one from the
modasys website but with all of them I do not have a "duplicate"
function in the Routing button and VoiceNotes notes appear not to be
read by Notes in order to be duplicated (I tested different "filings"
too). I have the subtle feeling that I am missing something veeery
stupid but still there I am...
- How is it possible to "duplicate an existing VoiceNotes note"?
- What is the "right" package to use and what is the difference among
the various packages and folders in UNNA and with the "modasys"
package? I could just note that the UNNA "VN110.PKG" required a
registration even for the first playback of my first voicenote while
the "Vn_lite.pkg" apparently works just as the "VoiceNotes_DEMO.pkg"
from modasys but there are also other packages.
- Can we define VoiceNotes as a "de-facto freeware"? I could not trace
any official release to the public but allegedly registration and
support appear not to be possible...

And:
- I read in more than one place that, with the built-in Notes, it is
not possible to create Recording Notes longer than sixty seconds but
isn't it just a matter of available memory? I created several notes of
more than one minute with Notes... So does this "sixty seconds" limit
exist for Recording Notes or not? (well, if it exists somebody should
have a look at my Newton)

Sorry for the possible repetitions and for the list of questions but I
could not trace all this information, at least in a synthetic and
reliable format.

Any insight will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Giulio