Re: [NTLK] PowerBook 1400 worth upgrading?

From: Cwashiidcvrmtrs_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 05:48:45 PST

In a message dated 12/13/05 9:20:53 PM, Applehelp_at_verizon.net writes:

>Oh you have cable? I had it to but It actually seems slower compaired to
dsl!

Fantastic. I'm happy with cable for the most part....

I have phone service with a company w/o DSL, so to get DSL I would have had
to jump through extra hoops via my area's provider, Bellsouth.

>I have a iMac 400MHZ as my fastest machine! Do have wifi? IE 5.1?
>How do you deal with that freezer?

Well, as you know we're talking about my 117mhz 5300c; while I do have a
1400c/400mhz in my stable, my 5300c is more comparible to your stock-processor
1400, if I remember correctly?

Anyway, I have -b wifi at home, and my 33mhz-Bus, 117mhz processor 5300c can
access Ebay w/o any problems. I have found IE 5.1 to be very stable; I know
that earlier versions were a little crash-prone. I did download all of the
plug-ins (shockwave, etc.) when prompted...

As a final comment on this issue, I am not going to sit up here and tell you
the pages like Ebay's pop up quickly! They take time, but I have alot of it
anyway, so it does not bother me. And simpler pages, like "craigslist" or
something similar, take no time at all.

Also, to you and the other lister interested in upgrading a 1400c, I have
some spare parts, so e-mail me offlist if interested.

Craig W.

"Resident of Planet Newtonian since '94!"
MP 2100, eMate