Re: [NTLK] MP 2100 birthdays

From: Cwashiidcvrmtrs_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 07:33:37 PST

In a message dated 12/15/05 10:26:17 PM, julianwr_at_paradise.net.nz writes:

>I've not noticed a problem myself with the option of adding a date
>missing from the menu, however I have noticed that if *either* a
>birthday or an anniversary are present then there will be no Date option
>in the menu of things to add. However you can tap on the
>anniversary/birthday in the "All info" list (Show->All) and the slip
>will pop up that allows you to enter both a birthday and an anniversary.

Hey, thanks for the continued concern regarding my issue.

Well, I thought that your suggestion was the eureka(!) I was looking for,
because I know that my birthday notations from 1.3OS did transfer to 2.1OS, and
that I was pretty religious in entering birthdays when I used the older Newtons.

But, I came across a card that I KNOW I did not enter a birthday for -- as it
was just done yesterday -- and it has no birthday/anniversary field under
*add.*

I think it is probably what another lister suggested; a conflicting program so
mewhere.

One idea i *did* have; is there a 3rd party app out there that made it easier
to access the birthday field under "Names?" Like placing a button on the
botton bar or something? That would probably solve my problems, because like I
said, I know the field is there and was populated at least by the 900+ names I
transferred from 1.3OS...

Thanks again!

Craig W.

"Resident of Planet Newtonian since '94!"
MP 2100, eMate