[NTLK] It should'a, could'a been a Newton

From: Joshua Brock (joshuabrock_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 09:05:01 PST

From CNET News.com this morning, came across the following in my inbox and for the 1,000th time since Apple discontinued our green little buddy, I felt a pang that was part "been there/done that" and "that should be us...that should be a Newton!"...

"It's a cell phone. It's a computer. It's the two invaluable companions of the modern executive in one.

DualCor Technologies next month will unveil the cPC, a full-fledged handheld Windows XP computer that also comes with a built-in smart phone that runs Windows Mobile 5.0."

http://news.com.com/Start-up+merges+cell+phone+and+PC+into+a+handheld/2100-1041-5997426.html?part=dht&tag=nl.e703

I hardly ever post to this list, and like many on here, I use my Newton extensively for awhile, then it sits in my drawer..then I pull it back out again rediscovering it. Just wanted to send this article along. I saw somewhere that someone in Europe had developed a working pc card/mobile phone adapter that works with the Newton and a headset...very cool, but was a bit pricey. Not even sure if it's still around.

Thanks!

Joshua

Joshua J. Brock
http://homepage.mac.com/joshuabrock