Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 - nominal operational power drain?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 02:27:22 PST

David, your interpretation is not correct,
I was wondering about such a low current of 2.4 mA, which seems quiet
unrealistic.
So I was checking with NewtTest as well as with various other apps what is
the current drawn from my Newt: that is with 30MB memory card AND (sleeping)
Ethernet card w/o BL and being 95% charged (5.21V) around 50 mA.
NewtTest shows the value in Amps, so it reads 0.050A, which is 50 mA.
I assume with all cards removed you can go down to 24 mA (0.024A), but not
to 2.4, which is even below the accuracy of the value shown from NewtTest.

Thus you need to correct your calculation by factor 10, reaching ca. 100
hours which is not bad as well.

Cheers
Johannes