[NTLK] WifiCard

From: James Grubic (jgrubic_at_bozeman.k12.mt.us)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 07:38:58 PST

> after many tests and trials, and referring with some
> opinions of newton users, I think that my Lucent turbo
> bronze could not work with my Airport extreme base
> satation ( someone says, may work or not, thats depend

I got my Bronze card to work in OS9 by using the 802.11b driver from
IOXPerts. I was able to connect to a new Linksys 802.11b router.

The same PowerBook would not work connected to a new Linksys 802.11g
router, no matter what configuration I tried. I "dummied down" the
router following all of the suggestions on Linksys website.

So, it doesn't surprise me that the Bronze card in a Newton doesn't
connect to an Airport Extreme. I suspect a lot of this has to do with
the driver, but the card itself is old and we are possibly expecting too
much from it.

I will be able to do more advanced testing on this in a couple of weeks.
It would be nice to get some definitive settings on newer routers that
allow these inexpensive cards to work.

James