Re: [NTLK] WifiCard

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 08:10:07 PST

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:39:11 +0100 (CET), Philippe Godin
<qautchat_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like to try another, and I see on ebay some
> enterasys card which are says identical as lucent
> gold. Do someone have use these cards with airport
> extreme or have an idea ?

Philippe,

The Enterasys puts out a card called the RoamAbout. These from what I
recall are WaveLAN Gold re badged. By the pdf I checked (link below)
it mentions they are 128 bit encryption... I would look into it it
carefully as I'm not 100% sure but have seen them advertised one Bay
as being re badged WaveLAN cards and in some cases the Japanese Unit
(or modified to Japanese Specs) which offer 14 channels....

http://www.enterasys.com/products/wireless/9033362.pdf

HTH

--
God bless,