[NTLK] eMates and Mice?

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2005 - 11:14:27 PST

Would it be possible to use a serial mouse with an eMate? It would be
great to have a small mouse for an eMate, as it would complete the
"mini laptop" type setup and you would no longer need to use the screen
for selecting, copying and pasting words. I have looked around and
found no drivers, but it must be possible to write an Extension to do
so, as there are serial mouse drivers for Mac & PC, and newtVNC uses
some kind of input method for remote control, so all that would be
needed would to be able to have a small picture of a pointer that moved
round the screen when you move the mouse, then when you click a button,
an input is generated at the point where the pointer is.

Would it be possible to write an Extension in NS to do this?

Or has anyone seen this done and can point me in the direction of a
site where I can download such a driver.

cheers

Adam