Re: [NTLK] High Quality replacement MP2x00 white backlights

From: James Wages (james_at_kiramek.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 20:25:12 PST

On 2/12/05 12:43 PM, "Calvin Grier" <cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> This is a NEW backlight that's engineered to be a better replacement than the
> Apple original. The main difference... is that the brightness is somewhat
> lower than the original green.

Calvin, I can see why your backlight is "better in many respects" than the
original green. But I would like to know why the 21st century technology
white cannot be the same brightness or brighter than the original green that
came out years ago.

Even if a brighter white EL would draw more current, I think it would be
worth it to have greater brightness. I personally turn on the backlight
whenever needed, especially in the day if I'm in the wrong light or cannot
see the LCD very well. While I agree brightness matters little at night, a
brighter EL would be helpful for daytime use.

Best,

James Wages