[NTLK] Newton at Starbuckq

From: melissa mintel (melissamintel_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2005 - 20:08:26 PST

I have successfully connected both a Newton and an eMate to the Internet via my AirPort base at home. When I tried to access the Internet at Starbucks, I apparently got connected--the lights in the WiFi card flashed, and my T-Mobile 1-hour account was used up. But I couldn't seem to get beyond the login screen. I was using NewtsCape, and the fields were all misaligned even though I seemed to be able to type my username and password successfully. When I tapped on "Login" the screen disappeared. When I tapped on the "Forgot password" link (just in case I hadn't remembered my newly established password), NewstCape seemed to enter a loop, disconnecting and reconnecting endlessly.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better browser I can use, or some kind of additional application? I also tried SimpleMail, but got a message that "DHCP could not configure this device."

Thanks!

Melissa