Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge repair without desoldering/soldering motherboard

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 06:50:17 PST

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:13:12 +0100, Robert Benschop
<rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl> wrote:

> Don't know if there's a site but I have been one of the people saying
> that it can be done with flipping.
> After seeing Frank do the job I realize that we were talking about
> different things though.
> I 'just' put in a washer and some grease, Frank does a much more
> thorough job for which you have to desolder.

Robert,

I think if someone has the Time to do the repair with No Soldering
Iron and on top of that the Impatiences as I did awhile back you'd
find a way.

I believe also someone else on list mentioned you could do this.
Though I'm not sure how thorough a repair as you mentioned regarding
Frank's repair process.

You have to manipulate the wires and the board at the same time to
achieve the disassembly without de-soldering the wires. I would advise
others to avoid it unless they're prepared to solder later on anyways
in case they detach the wire accidentally.

I repaired my hinges without any soldering but caution should be taken
as you wrangle the wires around the motherboard. I also start my
disassembly with the screen versus the cases - I do this to
disassemble the eMate and free up the wires that wind down to the
motherboard... before disassembling the lower bouts of the eMate which
allows the wires some play.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung