Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge repair without desoldering/soldering motherboard

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 08:06:47 PST

On 16-feb-05, at 15:50, Sonny Hung wrote:
> I think if someone has the Time to do the repair with No Soldering
> Iron and on top of that the Impatiences as I did awhile back you'd
> find a way.

I guess you're right and I was being over cautious.
But if you can't solder you might at least pause before starting to
take an eMate apart.
The kind of unsoldering involved with the detacjment of the wires in an
eMate is about as easy as it gets.

I might be wrong, but somebody that can't master these skills, about as
hard as tying shoe-laces, doesn't strike me as the best person to open
up and manipulate an electronic device.
Guess I'm becoming careful in my old age...

;-)

Robert Benschop