Re: [NTLK] problem

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2005 - 12:04:55 PST

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:27:27 +0000, Henry W. Gratwick
<hgratwick_at_spymac.com> wrote:

> after i offered to pay his listing fee, he emailed me saying it was
> something like $8 in all which i thought would be ok to pay, but it
> turns out all we have to do is both mutually agree to 'sign' a
> non-paying bidder agreement. apparentl the listing fee came to such a
> small price it would have been pointless my paying it as the paypal fee
> would have negated it...or something lol

Dear Henry,

I think $8 is way to much if you pay it!

I think listings are in the range of $0.30 USD currently for each
listing for a regular seller. Though commercial accounts are a little
bit more. I would have only agreed to pay the actual amount.

If you had made a mistake (or he did not mention this condition in the
listing) and it was a mutual agreement on the cancellation of the sale
I think he gets the listing charges refunded to him - I ran into a
situation where the seller backed out because he accidentally clicked
on one of my sales.

Anyways I still think that the way he words and sometimes doesn't word
things but later on requires insurance as a PayPal transaction (or
what ever the details are) it should be reported to eBay to protect
every user including list members.

Does anyone know about the legality of him selling SmallTalk on eBay?
I thought that this was given to the community as Freeware and not to
be sold. I wish the author would make a stink about this to eBay. I
thought falls under the software copyright conditions that needed the
permission of the author for him to sell. He doesn't mention having
the right to sell this and he provides no original Media nor
Documentation he just emails the software... it's readily available on
www.unna.org after doing a manual search...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung