[NTLK] Ethernet Help - I'm about to toss this 2000 through the window

From: Robbie Johnstone (rob.johnstone_at_aanet.com.au)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2005 - 15:34:26 PST

Hi Guys,

Still no luck. I follow James' directions below and:

1. The newt says 'Loading the DHCP protocol' and eventually goes back
to the IP Address pane - where I have 'connect via TCP/IP' selected and
an IP address entered that flashes up on the network preference control
panel of the G5 when the Newt tries to connect.
2. NewtSync on the G5 just reports 'Listening to all addresses'.

Some other settings elsewhere may be wrong...should file sharing be on?
It's not at the moment?
What's the correct setting for IPv4 on the Network control panel?
Firewall appears to be off...

I feel like a bit of a dufus - sorry for hassling but I really want
this to work :)

Cheers and thanks to all,

Rob