Re: [NTLK] Install and SER-01 and FreeDock questions

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 12:23:58 PST

> I am wondering if there is anyone who would
> do the backlight install?

I would.=20

> A ball park cost would be helpful.

No idea. What would you guys consider a fair price?
It requires disassembling the Newton fully, do a
bit of soldering and reassembling everything. About
1 to 1.5 hour's worth of time I think, of which half
would be required for testing that everything still
works as before.=20

> At the same time I think I would like a SER-01=20
> install as well.

If the Newton is open anyway, this would take next to
no additional time, hence I'd do the installation for
free in this case and sell the SER001 at cost.

> The FreeDock that Frank has reviewed is very intriguing
> and I was wondering if it will ever come about?

This is very unlikely, they are sold out.

> If it does will the SER-01 interfere with proper use?

No, it won't. The 2100 you see on my review page has
the SER001 installed.

http://www.pda-soft.de/freedock.html

Frank