Re: [NTLK] problem

From: Bubba Gump (basdiscussions_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 12:46:01 PST

While I think this thread has been beaten to death, I feel compelled to
speak out on the recent direction it has taken.

Don't mess with someone's employment over a seperate issue.

If he's infringing on copyrights, take him to court. If he's abusing ebay
posting policies, report him to ebay. If you feel he's defrauded you,
contact the police. If he treated you poorly, don't buy from him again. And
vent in this forum all you want.

But don't contact his employer. It's not your business.

I don't know Ferdi. I certainly won't buy from him after all I've read. But
I don't know anything about him - does he have a family? Support a sick
mother? Just like to be mean? Is he competant/brilliant/lousy at his job?
What does it matter to me - I don't have a right to muck up his personal
life other than as it directly relates to me, and then, only through the
routes I mentioned above. To do otherwise would be just plain spiteful of
me, and could affect a man's life, or his family's lives, because of -
what? Some inflated shipping charges?

I had a nightmare ebay situation once where I bought an Audrey that arrived
without an infrared cover. No biggie, but not "like new" as advertised, so
I suggested a modest $10 refund so I could try and buy one. The resulting
vitrol that followed culminated in the seller calling my place of
employment to threaten legal action against them if I didn't stop MY
"harrasment." The company lawyer contacted me. My employer didn't care if
I was in the right or not (nor should they have). They were now involved in
a personal transaction, and they (rightly) didn't want to be. I almost got
fired.

Do you want to deal with Ferdi? Deal with Ferdi. If you can't find
resolution within the boundries established by law and the forum of your
disagreement, then walk away.