[NTLK] OT: any REALBasic gurus out there?

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_tds.net)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 22:46:26 PST

Contact me off list about this please. . .
I have a SpriteSurface onto which I want to add Sprites by drag and
drop. The way I have it set up now: I have a main window on which I
have put a SpriteSurface control and I have another "palette" window
with 4 ImageWells. Each ImageWell contains a separate small picture in
pict format. I want to be able to drag a picture from an ImageWell onto
the SpriteSurface and in so doing add a new Sprite to the SpriteSurface
whose image is the same as the picture in the ImageWell from which it
was dragged. This is similar to the way we all drag controls from the
REALBasic IDE Controls window to a window we are creating.

  First, can you help me with the code to do this? I think I am close,
but it still doesn't work.

  Is there a way for the image to be applied to the item being dragged
as it is being dragged, instead of the item being dragged having a grey
outline box?

  Are Imagewells the best way to hold images to be dragged to the main
window SpriteSurface? Or can I use individual Canvas objects placed on
my palette of things to be dragged to the main window?

  Thank-you,
  Tom Isenbarger

--
Tom Isenbarger PhD