Re: [NTLK] Help with connecting Newton to NCU

From: David Abramowitz (david.abramowitz_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2005 - 12:45:54 PST

On Feb 24, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Tony Morrow wrote:
<snip>
Any help with connecting my Newton through classic with NCU or NBU
> would be appreciated. Or a way of backing up through OS X natively
> would work. I've installed the drivers for the serial adapter in both
> OS X and classic and it is recognized in both. It feels like classic is
> not communicating to the adapter.

<snip>
Tony, I think your next to last sentence is your downfall.

 From the KeySpan site:

  * IMPORTANT INFORMATION for Mac OS X users: If you are running Mac OS
X and want to use your Keyspan serial adapter in 'Classic', do NOT
install the Mac OS X software.

- Dave