Re: [NTLK] Help with Pico Bluetooth & Blunt

From: Robbie Johnstone (rob.johnstone_at_aanet.com.au)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 01:01:03 PST

Hi Guys,

Still having some problems - but some success too :)

To recap:
I have a new Pico bluetooth card for my MP2000 (card is brand new from
Germany - Newt is a US model) and am trying to connect to my Mac using
Blunt.
I've installed all the packages - BluntMP2x00US.pkg; Bluetooth
Setup.pkg; NIE Nitro & Blunt Support module and Neo;
I've launched the Bluetooth Setup application and set the device name,
the card location and experimented with different communication speeds
and different card slots.
When I test the card it still says 'No card found' (although the light
on the Pico card comes on).

When I reboot the bluetooth card lights up - - and the Newt says a
communication card has been inserted. When I test the card the Newt
gives the same message 'No card found'

I decided to ignore this and try to send a file from my Mac via
bluetooth - using the Newt's in box receive function - and I am having
success with, on average, two out of every three attempts! Odd!

Is this the extent of the Newt's bluetooth capabilities?

NewtSync seems to have some bluetooth capabilities - can I access these
somehow?

Or is bluetooth only useful for transferring files?

Thanks again for all you help guys - especially Marty and DJ!

Rob
Sunny Melbourne