Re: [NTLK] Help with Pico Bluetooth & Blunt

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 10:09:21 PST

On Feb 28, 2005, at 1:01 AM, Robbie Johnstone wrote:
<snip>
> When I reboot the bluetooth card lights up - - and the Newt says a
> communication card has been inserted. When I test the card the Newt
> gives the same message 'No card found'
>
> I decided to ignore this
The test should work. If it doesn't work, you will probably never see
reliable operation...
> and try to send a file from my Mac via
> bluetooth - using the Newt's in box receive function - and I am having
> success with, on average, two out of every three attempts! Odd!
That is odd, but at least it's working a bit..

> Is this the extent of the Newt's bluetooth capabilities?
Do you have IC/VC installed? You can use this setup to install
packages, share contact information via OBEX and Vcard... I can send
contact from my phone to the Newt or visa-versa.

Also, it is possible to setup your mac or pc (non trivial in both
cases) to reshare your internet address over Bluetooth, and this would
allow for TCP/IP connectivity through various Newt programs.

> NewtSync seems to have some bluetooth capabilities - can I access these
> somehow?
I don't know about this, other then, if you have a properly configured
TCP/IP over BT setup, that should work.

> Or is bluetooth only useful for transferring files?
There is no native Bluetooth way to sync or backup Newton yet.

Another cool feature is the Potential ability to connect over a cell
phone. This was the draw for me. leaving the phone in ones pocket or
purse and using the Newton to get online through the cell phone's GPRS
network connection is pretty darn cool. Unfortunately, for me with my
Sony Ericsson phones it doesn't work very well at all.

I am thinking it might work better with Nokia phones though :~) just
a guess...

Marty