Re: [NTLK] reviving a dead Newton

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2005 - 16:16:56 PST

*snip*

>Now that I am back here
> and wanted to continue using it I find it dead - won't start up. I have
> removed and fully charged the 4 AA cells and it still wouldn't start. I
> have tried the reset switch to no avail. Is the unit hosed?
>
> Regards,
> Boris

Remove the batteries, plug in the AC adapter and see if it will start
then, if it still won't remove any cards and hit the reset buttion
again. If it still won't press reset while holding down the
powerswitch. If it turns on with a message "do you want to erase all
informaion" tap no and you should be all set.

There are times when you need to plug in the AC adpater to get a Newt to
wake from a a "deep sleep". And other times when you need to press and
hold the powerswitch down while hitting reset (as if you are going to do
a brain wipe), then just say no to the confirmation to get them to wake up.

-Dan