[NTLK] caller ID phonecalls

From: Jeff Knee (jeffknee_at_capturimage.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 06:17:26 PST

        I'm thinking of hooking up my MP2k or eMate to use for
phonebook-dialer and Caller ID purposes, among other things. The FAQs
is down now, and I seem to recall a past answer on the Caller ID
question.
        But, how is this done? Do I use a compatible modem as a simple
connector to the phoneline? If so, does the modem itself have to be
dialed in (thus using up the phoneline preventing incoming calls) when
dialing out with the Newton Names-phoneline-dialing feature? If not,
super, but if so, then is there a software that will show Caller ID on
incoming calls with the modem off but still connected (for adapter
purposes)?
        Thank you in advance and go Newton!
Jeff in Gainesville, Fla, USA