Re: [NTLK] BluePrint2 followup

From: Nate Goore (ngoore_at_pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 10:36:36 PST

Blueprint Classic (also contained in the download Ash made available)
has a component called BluePort, which allows you to send MSproject
files (old version) from the desktop to the Newton. I'm not sure if it
ever worked in the other direction.

About 6 years ago, i used to share project plans I created in BP by by
transferring an image of the gantt chart (probably using X-port, but
i'm not entirely sure) and inserting it into a powerpoint/word file for
presentation purposes. The real value, however, was in being able to
have my project mgmt. tool with me at all times, both for creating and
updating plans when something came up, as well as being able to update
progress as i gathered information in the field, at meetings, etc. I
found BP to be a much more useful tool when I changed the way I worked
to not be dependent on exchanging/synchronizing with a desktop (which
in my case would also apply to names/dates/notepad/expenses....you get
the picture!)

Nate