Re: [NTLK] Reading ebooks from Palm Digital Media

From: LAG (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 12:55:24 PST

MY APOLOGIES for sending this to the group. was supposed to be offlist of course to karel.

we now continue with the newton talk list already in progress.....

LAG

LAG <lagoff11_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
I AM BEHIND IN MY EMAILS AND JUST CAME ACROSS THIS ONE. I TOO WAS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE AND AFTER ONE OF THE REPLYS I DID A SEARCH AND FOUND A WINDOWS BASED DOC READER. I AM INCLUDING THE LINK FOR THE PAGE I FOUND.
I HAVE DOWNLOADED AND CAN USE THE 6TH ONE DOWN ON THE LIST DOC READER.
http://www1.gantep.edu.tr/~sonercan/convert.htm
IT SEEMS TO CONVERT ON THE FLY TO TEXT WHICH CAN THEN BE TRANSFERED TO NEWTON PRESS FOR MORE BOOKS FOR OUR NEWTS. I HAVENT MADE ANY BOOKS WITH IT AS OF YET BUT I DID TEST IT WITH A PALM DOC (.PDB) BOOK AND IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE READER OR MAKING A NEWTON PRESS BOOK. AFTER I READ THRU MY 900+ EMAILS I WILL BE ON A BOOK MAKING PROJECT.

LONG LIVE THE GREEN,

LAG
karel Jansens wrote:
This will probably score high on the DumbQuestion'Ometer , but
does anyone know of a way to read the encrypted ebooks (.PDB format)
from Palm Digital Media ( http://www.palmdigitalmedia.com/ ) on a
Newton MessagePad?

They have several interesting titles and sometimes I pine when reading
them on my Treo sub-micron screen.

Karel Jansens