Re: [NTLK] Harris 2000 - Apple Newton | Questions...

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2005 - 13:04:06 PST

Great work there!
Haven't had time personally to look into it and am glad someone tried this out.

By the way if you look at the Round Serial like Port on the lower
right of the unit I was informed by the technician that this accepted
the testing dongles (of which he never saw first hand). The units
(generalization) were used to assist technicians trouble shoot phone
systems. The unit's internal Radio connected with the Vehicle Radio
which connected to the Company System. Technicians were supposedly
able to download technical diagrams down to the SuperTech 2000 to
Troubleshoot with. Then supposedly you would need the dongles to test
with. Hope this gives you a better understanding of the unit. This was
gathered through conversations (3-4) with Fluke (with a technician who
originally worked at Harris). Unfortunately this technician could not
find any material on these units for me when I spoke with him. He had
a few chicken scratches but these were primarily pre-beta development
items and of course he did not offer these up to me. Very nice tech
though...

I want to ask anyone who has purchased a Unit to chime in and mention
where they got theirs from. Up to now I think there have been two
eBayers with these unit up for auction and a total of 8 units.

From what I can gather you have the main unit which has a detachable
flip cover which locks. It has a battery cover which has three reset
buttons (on my unit they are labeled for different purposes). Inside
there is a battery - which only one unit from auction has. Then there
is the hand strap which only one unit has. Finally the last unit on
auction had the Rubber Boot.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung