[NTLK] AW: Backlight buzz

From: Newton (newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2005 - 12:18:25 PST

 =0D =0D
I thought about potting too, because my wife is extremely disturbed by t= he
BL buzz. Desoldering of the transformer is really not easy because it is= a
SMD. I was just about to unsolder one and pot it with warm epoxy resin u=
nder vacuum, but then my home vacuum glass cover cracked and I trashed all =
of the equipment, 2 pumps, tubes, valves etc. and gave up. Potting is certa=
inly good but probably not enough. One has to make sure that the epoxy fill=
s the gaps between the wires too and permits surely any movement of the wir=
e turns.=0D

Then I did a second trial with the very liquid 10 second super glue and =
hoped that the adhesion force would suck the glue into the far most parts o=
f the windings but I failed due to a to small opening in the brown isolatio=
n tape on top the winding. I had highest respect during removal of this tap=
e because it is adhesive and pulls the very thin wire. =0D

Cutting of this tape is no option as puncturing is not. Maybe heating up=
thetransformer would let one remove the tape easier w/o much danger to th= e
first layer of wires.=0D

BTW, I recently found the reason why my SER001 stopped working: It`s min= i
connector was partly thorn-off of the PCB and I had to resolder it. Now i= t
is doing fine as it was before and I take all bad assumptions about erron=
eous software back.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse!
Marco Mailand =0D