Re: [NTLK] Is my 2100 dying? (more info)

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 16:50:59 PST

Woody Smith wrote:
> You could probably leave it without a battery for a year and not lose
> any data or force a brainwipe.
*snip*

Actually you could leave it indefintaly. The storage in the MP2x00 is
FLASH and does not require power to retain data (as I am sure is what
Woody ment to say). People have left them in drawers for several years,
get them out, put in fresh batteries and they work as if it was just
used yesterday (except for needing to reset the clock of course). It is
very hard to loose data on a MP2x00 unless you swap the ROM cards or do
a brainwipe by the normal meathod. Newts don't have "blackouts" like a
Palm or a Pocket PC will if they loose power. ;)

-Dan