[NTLK] how to reformat pcmcia for newton?

From: Brad Schurman (photomanbrad_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 10:44:30 PST

Hi.... another question here

during the quest for extra space I bummed a 256m
compactflash card from my folks still camera and
erased it with disk utility.app in osx 10.2.7

I tried OS standard, extended and unix file system but
none of the formats were acceptable to the newton when
using a pcmcia adapter on the compactflash card.

Kept getting a 10582 error with the card ("there is a
problem with this card" it also said) when inserting
the unit, however the pcmcia on my dads laptop read
all formats fine so it is something in the newton that
wasnt wanting to read it to reformat it to newton.'

Is there a newton 'force format" or 'force mount'
package out there that you know of? Ive heard of ppl
using newtons and microdrives, so I cant see how it
wouldnt accept a pcmcia adapted CF card atleast to the
mount stage to reformat it... thanks