Re: [NTLK] PhoneNet RJ11 cabling

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 10:00:35 PDT

Heard that sometimes a terminator is needed when making a Localtalk
network...

Il giorno 06/lug/05, alle 20:42, ADyson ha scritto:

Normally the home telephone wiring has four wires but only uses the two
inner ones if you have only
one incoming phone line. If you have two incoming telephone lines the
second line will be normally
wired on the outer two wires unless you specifically wanted separate
wiring for the second phone.
Depending on who originally wired your home, you may not have all four
wires connected to your wall
jacks. You'll have to trace it back to the junction box to verify.