[NTLK] Tried to delte a file, and now, one of my memory cards won't work!

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 11:24:08 PDT

I was trying to clean up one of my Newtons. I deleted a program file for something called "edit.slm". As soon as I did that, I started to have problems. Now, my 20 meg card will not work! The MP 2100 looks like it is trying to boot with this card, but it just hangs. I don't know what the program was for, but I think it might have been a template editor for hexpaint, possibly. Is there any way to salvage this card? It's got a lot of my MadMax tuneage on it. Now, I can't listen to Cartman sound bytes or Jimi Hendrix, and it is making me irate.

I also tried to place this card (EXCA Series 2-20 meg flash memory card) in my old IBM ThinkPad 600X, but the IBM laptop can't seem to find a driver/whatever to look at this card. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Matt K.

PS I do have spare cards, if this one has finally crapped out on me.