Re: [NTLK] [OT]You have got to be kiddin'

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 11:38:52 PDT

So...what language does "God" speak then? Wouldn't all
translations be the word of God? And as such, all
translations would be "original" work...
Ed
web/gadget guru (the devil's advocate)

--- Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net> wrote:

> Ed Kummel wrote:
> > I find it funny that a "Bible" can be
> > copyrighted....the Bible is considered the "Word
> of
> > God", therefor God must own the original
> copyright,
> > and I don't know about you, but I don't think I
> would
> > enjoy getting sued by God...;-P
>
> Any translation of any other work is considered an
> "original work" and
> therefore copyrightable. This is why, for example,
> Kafka's original German
> books are in the public domain but the canonical
> English translations by Willa
> & Edmumd Muir are not.

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs