[NTLK] Newton lights up but nothing on display

From: Jeff Fitzgerald (phitzc_at_optonline.net)
Date: Sat Jul 16 2005 - 16:36:14 PDT

Hello

I am the owner of a Newton 2100. I have a problem with it. The machine
starts up. The display lights up but no images are shown on the
screen. If I hit were the extras button is, its sounds like it works. I
took off the bottom cover to take a peak inside. There is a transformer
above the battery pack that hums at a high pitch. It never made that
kind of noise before. Could this have something to do with it. What
should I do?

Thank You

Jeff